F-16 Vs Μirage 2000 dogfight and Phantom II ground attack simulation are just a preview of what the audience can admire at the Tanagra AFB on September 16-17.
|Athens Flying Week 2017|
We had already published the press release dedicated to the event here, but in the recent days new major aircraft have been confirmed at the show that will take place at Tanagra Air Force Base, Athens, on Sept. 16-17.
A pair of Hellenic Air Force F-4E AUP Phantom II jets from the 338th Fighter Squadron based at Andravida Air Base will fly a simulated low altitude airfield attack followed by a low pass.
In addition, an Hellenic F-16 and a Μirage 2000-5 will engage and perform a choreography of Advanced Combat Maneuvers in an epic dogfight! The two F-16 fighter jets will also perform low passes and approaches over the runway of Tanagra AFB.
The static display will add two USAFE F-16C aircraft coming from 510th Fighting Squadron "Buzzards", based at Aviano AB, Italy.
The fully updated programme of participants is available here
Tickets are already available online here
More information at the official Facebook Page or website
AIRCRAFT ON FLYING DISPLAY
- 46aviation (WindWalking) Switzerland Boeing Stearman
- Belgian Air Force F-16 Solo Display
- Dutch Rush Aerobatics Sukhoi 26 MX
- Bialo-Czerwone Iskry Poland PZL TS-11 Iskra
- Polish Air Force MiG-29 Demo Team
- Hellenic Air Force Zeus F-16 Demo Team
- Polish Air Force F-16 Tiger Demo Team
- HAF T-6Α "Daedalus" Demo Team T-6A Texan II
- Schaerer Red Bull Switzerland SwiftS1 R/C glider
- Luca Bertossio - Red Bull X Glider Official Pilot Italy MDM-FOX
- Johan Gustafsson Sweden 1xSZD-59 ''ACRO'' / 1xMaule MXT-7-180A
- Hellenic Skydivers CESSNA 206 TURBO
- RAF Red Arrows Hawk T1
- The Silver Chicken Italy CAP-21DS
- Vostok Europe - Wizard Helobatics Greece EC 120B
- Hellenic Air Force Mirage 2000-5
- Hellenic Air Force F-16C
- Hellenic Air Force F-4E AUP Phantom II